Half-day (3h) interactive workshop in English that combines the presentation of concepts and methods & personal and group activities.
Interaction between the group and the trainers will be enhanced.
The workshop will be facilitated by 2 trainers in a room equipped with an internet access.
Prerequisite for participants: a LinkedIn account et apporter son ordinateur portable.
Introduction : importance of networking for research experience and career progression
- Why and how to network?
- Group discussion on networking practices, barriers and needs of participants
- Network as a source of information and skills
Tips and tools for successful networking
- Mapping your network
- Basic rules of networking and self-presentation
- Different ways to grow your network
How to build and strengthen your network: focus on social media
- Professional image and online visibility
- Using social networking sites for business professionals and researchers
- Tools and opportunities for networking offered by LinkedIn and ResearchGate
- Practices to adopt and avoid
Optimizing LinkedIn profile for improving online image
- Work on LinkedIn page content (in groups of 2, individual feedback by trainers, then feedback in plenum)